Thursday, November 19, 2009

RIP Bob Patton



Bob Patton was GREAT guy that will be missed by many. Prob. the coolest guy one could meet.I first met Bob while working at the Titanic Exhibit in Atlanta. After the exhibit ended he got me a job working with him at the Aquarium. He would bring me in pictures of him with famous people he had met while working in the  music biz. People including James Brown, Bob Marley, The Beetles, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and more. He would sneak me in magazines to read like Rolling Stone while bored at work. Early this year he even let me design his Business Card.  Sometimes we would go to local blues bars to eat BBQ and listen to music. About a month before he past we went bowling and he completely stomped everyone that went. He was Santa for kids at Chritmas and a friend to many. I will miss this guy greatly but I know he lived a great life. 

here is an article Creative Loafing did on him.
http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/promoter_bob_patton_kept_james_brown_on_the_good_foot/Content?oid=1182147

0 comments:

Post a Comment